Amber and Indy are finding it very hard to get back into “work mode”.
Who can blame them! We stayed home for the holidays, which means they have just spent the last few weeks lapping up loads of extra attention, enjoyed some super fun day trips, soaked up the rays in the backyard, late nights and lazy sleep ins.
Here is a snap shot of Amber and Indy’s Christmas and New Year break; their has been a few 1st milestones:
- Amber and Indy got “Raw Baltic Amber” collars from Santa. Their “Woodstock” worthy fashion statement is turning heads in the doggie-hood.
- Indy experienced his 1st Christmas.
- The Christmas Tree survived a 2nd Christmas with another young pup around.
- Amber turned 2 on 28th December & was not going to let anything “Rain on Her Parade”. She got down & dirty enjoying every minute of her Birthday at Sandgate, even though it was a dizzily day.
- I had hoped Amber would not notice I was trying to pass off her favourite Birthday dinner as fresh caught prawns when they were in fact defrosted frozen ones. The fish shop sold out early. She did notice and I did get ‘The Look”.
- Indy is officially an “almost” recovered suffer of the dreaded car sickness. With the leader board at ‘zero’ vomits during the holidays! Woohoo!
- It is official ice cubes are awesome, brrrrrrr chilllllyyyyyy.
- They explored Nudgee Beach for the 1st time and agree it is SUPER FUN!
- They also got to meet horses for the 1st time. Amber was really excited while Indy stared in awe. Amber was really sad when the horses had to go home.
- Indy is a big boy now! He celebrated his 1st Birthday on 6th January at Sandgate, along with 50km winds.
- Indy loves his 1st Birthday present – a “Sailor Boy” Frisbee.
What did you get up to on your holidays?
Author Bio: Nikki is pack leader at Pressplay Pets, a blog for the modern age pet parent interested in health & care, news, reviews & personal accounts of unconditional love & at times heartfelt pain of pet parenting. She is also proud mum to cute and cheeky Papillons ‘Amber’ and ‘Indy’ and one crazy Rainbow Lorikeet named ‘Ralph’! Follow my Facebook and Twitter.
Pressplay Pets a blog for the modern age pet parent interested in health & care, news, reviews & personal accounts of unconditional love & at times heartfelt pain of pet parenting!